Interested in a future career in health care? Make sure to choose a university that will invest in your success by providing outstanding facilities and faculty members. Both will have a significant impact on your education and preparedness for a future career in complementary and alternative medicine.
At National University, we pride ourselves on providing a campus full of helpful resources along with a group of expert teachers who are dedicated to helping our students excel. If you’re considering NUHS, here are the key facts you need to know about our facilities and faculty.
Explore our Facilities
At National University, we work very hard to stay abreast of the latest technologies in health science education and provide our students with a campus full of the facilities they need to succeed. Our top-of-the-line resources include:
Hands-On Experience at the Whole Health Center
- At our on-campus clinic, students work collaboratively with other health care students and practitioners in an integrative setting to help:
- people seeking relief from pain
- pregnant women and new mothers
- veterans suffering from PTSD
- patients suffering from a range of other symptoms
Mastery of the Anatomy
- Students in all of our programs are able to learn anatomy through hands-on human dissection in our top-of-the-line gross anatomy lab.
- Our life-sized 3D interactive Anatomage Table offers students, faculty and clinicians access to an advanced digital visualization system to augment their anatomy education, study for exams, and explore pathologies encountered during their clinical internships.
State-of-the-Art Learning Environments
- Digitized with remote cameras, speakers and intercoms, the Training and Assessment Center (TAC) helps students learn patient interaction skills and improve their diagnostic abilities and clinical competence. Through the use of the standardized patient program and digital recording technology, students can review how they appear to others, particularly the patient.
- Our comprehensive Learning Resource Center has one of the largest medical libraries in the area and houses a large collection of print and electronic journals, books, e-books, and bibliographic databases.
Advanced Herbal Treatments
- At our large and well-stocked herbal dispensary, students learn how to choose and prepare effective herbal prescriptions, botanical medicines, homeopathic remedies, probiotics, and more.
- In our on-campus Botanical Garden, ND students plan and care for a variety of herbs and plants in order to better understand their medicinal and therapeutic properties.
Meet our Faculty
The best learning environment starts with the best faculty—and at National University, you’ll learn from professors, instructors, and physicians with outstanding credentials. In fact, 98 percent of our faculty members have earned the highest degree in their fields, whether that means a PhD, MD, DC, or ND.
With their wealth of experience in integrative medicine, business management, scholarly publication, and leadership positions in their professions, our faculty roster is made up of dynamic educators who will help you on your journey to becoming a healthcare professional.
Plus, if you choose to visit NUHS, you’ll have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with professors and observe classroom lectures so you can experience our learning environment first-hand, and determine how our instructors and their teaching methods match with your learning style.
To learn more about some of the faculty leaders in each of our academic programs, click the links below:
- Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Chiropractic Medicine – Lombard & Florida
- Massage Therapy
- Naturopathic Medicine