If you’re looking for natural ways to keep your children in optimal health, come visit us! National University of Health Sciences is hosting the Second Annual Healthy Kids Open House on October 20, 2018 from 12 p.m to 4 p.m. at our Illinois campus located at 200 E. Roosevelt Road in Lombard.
At this fit, fun and free event, our clinicians and interns will be on hand to host activities, talks and demonstrations for both children and adults to enjoy. This year’s event will feature new lecture topics along with last year’s popular activities.
“After the success of last year’s event our clinicians and interns are excited to welcome local families back to our campus,” said Dr. Fraser Smith, assistant dean for naturopathic medicine program at National University. “Our experts will be offering many natural health practices parents can easily add into their children’s daily routines.”
Informative talks include:
- Raising iGen: Parenting Hacks for Today
- If You Don’t Snooze, You Lose: Healthy Sleep Habits for Kids
- Best Brain Nutrients for Little Learners
- Parenting Hacks for Today: Yummy Tips for Healthy Snacks and Lunches
Free kid-friendly interactive classes in:
- Tai-chi - This safe form of energy movement and soft exercise can encourage coordination and concentration
- Yoga – Various simple postures along with focused breathing can help keep kids calm and relaxed
Live demonstrations of:
- Hydrotherapy & Spa Tour – Witness the healing power of water in our fully equipped hydrotherapy suite
- Cupping therapy – Popular among Olympic swimmers, see how this ancient science can be used to treat a variety of ailments
- Posture analysis – Learn how to spot poor posture habits early in your kids
- Diagnostic ultrasound and foot scan demonstrations – Discover the benefits for children and young athletes. Explore the Metascan System – a unique pressure mat providing dynamic scans of gait and foot function.
Families are invited to tour the integrative NUHS Whole Health Center clinic with chiropractic, naturopathic, oriental medicine, and acupuncture facilities as well as DuPage County’s largest nutritional and botanical dispensary. The event will also feature games, prizes, free healthy snacks, giveaways and more!
For more information and a complete schedule of events, visit www.nuhs.edu/heathykids