Welcome to My Very First Blog Post!

by May 20, 2016

Home » Naturopathic Medicine Student Blog » Welcome to My Very First Blog Post!

Hello, welcome to my very first blog post! Join me on my journey through naturopathic medical school as I blog about fascinating natural therapies and daily life as an ND student. If you feel inclined, get to know me a little better here. I know I have big shoes to fill; Mackie was a great blogger, and thankfully she provided me with excellent advice as I transition into this position.

2016-05-20_sun
Contemplating hopes and opportunities

This week is the second week of classes. Jumping back into the swing of things is always a little rough, especially after a great break! Over break, I volunteered at a midwifery clinic called MamaBaby Haiti in Cap-Haïtien, Haiti. It was a fabulous experience filled with hands-on learning (delivering babies!), relaxing downtime, and making new friends. Now that I’m back, I’m re-establishing a routine for the summer trimester.

The start of a new trimester is always full of hopes and opportunities.

2016-05-20_baby
Holding one of the babies I helped deliver

Hopes:

• I hope to learn heaps of information so that I can do well in classes, and more importantly, to help my future patients.
  • I hope to stay on top of my coursework so that preparing for exams isn’t too stressful.
  • I hope to study consistently for the NPLEX basic science board exams so that I may pass on my first try in August.
  • I hope to write interesting and educational blog posts to inspire all of you, my readers.

Opportunities:

• The opportunity to start fresh with my schedule and not spread myself too thin.
  • The opportunity to correct my academic mistakes from last trimester, including study habits.
  • The opportunity to balance my studies by enjoying fun summer activities with my husband, Luis.

Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or comments. I appreciate feedback so that I blog about things that interest you. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you come back again!

Mary Simon

Mary Simon

I'm a naturopathic medical student at NUHS. I started the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine Program in January 2014. I was born and raised in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, a beautiful town on Lake Michigan. My experiences interpreting (Spanish to English) in nearly all medical specialties solidified my decision to study naturopathic medicine, as I saw a deep need for treating the body as a whole, getting to the root causes of symptoms, and using minimally invasive low-cost therapies to restore health.