Recognition and Praise: Facilities and Grounds Staff

by Dec 1, 2017

Home » Naturopathic Medicine Student Blog » Recognition and Praise: Facilities and Grounds Staff

I’m going to be starting a new series on my blog that recognizes and praises different departments and people who keep NUHS running on a daily basis. These are areas of the university that tend to be overlooked, but they are vital to the culture and environment at NUHS. To kick off this series, I’d like to recognize and praise the Facilities and Grounds staff. 

2017-12-01_crew_crop.jpg

Day in and day out, including the extremes of hot summer days and cold winter mornings, the Grounds staff can be seen taking care of the NUHS campus by cutting grass, planting flowers, removing snow, picking up trash, and doing whatever else needs to be done to keep the university looking nice. Thank you, John ‘Jack’ and Bruce, for all you do!  

2017-12-01_mark.jpg

The Facilities staff under Director Mark, includes Warren, Tony, Marek, TJ, Tom, and Dennis. They work on repairs inside the academic buildings, LRC, student center, clinic, and campus apartments. They set up classrooms, the gym, and meeting rooms for special events, change light bulbs, paint, repairing things big and small, and I’m sure many other tasks that I’m not aware of that need to be done on a daily basis! The team also includes Housing Coordinator Marilyn, who calmly coordinates the logistics of moving into and out of campus apartments with a friendly smile.

2017-12-01_marilyn.jpg

When a maintenance issue arises, there’s a formal maintenance request form available online that anyone can submit. It only takes a minute, and it is the fastest way to get something fixed! I regularly submit maintenance requests to notify the proper individuals what needs attention.

The Facilities and Grounds staff is an essential part of NUHS, and their hard work and dedication is much appreciated!

Mary Simon

Mary Simon

I'm a naturopathic medical student at NUHS. I started the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine Program in January 2014. I was born and raised in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, a beautiful town on Lake Michigan. My experiences interpreting (Spanish to English) in nearly all medical specialties solidified my decision to study naturopathic medicine, as I saw a deep need for treating the body as a whole, getting to the root causes of symptoms, and using minimally invasive low-cost therapies to restore health.