Post Break and Finishing Anatomy

by May 17, 2019

Home » Naturopathic Medicine Student Blog » Post Break and Finishing Anatomy

We did it! We are done with Anatomy and went on a well-deserved break!

I have to admit, there were many times I thought his moment would never come. But, against all odds, we did it! We are finished with the anatomy courses, and I have to say, it feels AWESOME! Congrats to myself (I am a firm believer that it is OK to pat yourself on the back from time to time) and to all of my classmates.

Lindy_1

After surviving all of our finals, we had approximately 2.5 weeks off, and it was glorious! I went home, and made it home in time for Easter. I love spending holidays with my family, mostly due to all the kiddos who are running around. While I was home, my sister purchased season passes to Six Flags, and added me to her membership. This means I can go whenever I want while I am on break in Maryland, or while I am in Illinois, as there is a location just outside of Chicago. Now, I just need to find some friends who like roller coasters as much as I do! 

Lindy_2

I was also home for Maryland Day at the University of Maryland, College Park, my alma mater, so, it was really fun taking my niece and nephew to the event. I have taken them in the past and it always ended in meltdowns. I figured they were still a little young for it, so I told myself we would only stay for a couple hours in an attempt to avoid the meltdowns. To my surprise, they wanted to stay, and had a blast looking at bacteria from the ocean, a black hole simulation, and measuring the temperature of different types of stone and rock. I hope they grow up and want to go to school at UMD! 

Lindy_3

I ended up cutting my break a little short so I could attend a seminar on Functional Endocrinology put on by Apex Seminars. A group of us attended, and although the seminar took place on my birthday, I still loved it and am so glad I made it happen!

Lindy_4

Belinda Smith

Belinda Smith

My name is Belinda, but I prefer to go by Lindy. I am in my final year as a Naturopathic Medical student at National University of Health Sciences. I’m originally from Maryland and will always consider it to be my home. I live on campus, in the Bucholz building with my dog, Lily. I love the sport of triathlon and will totally geek out if anyone wants to talk bikes or racing with me! I’m looking forward to blogging about study tips, ways to have fun on campus, and all the details of a full-time medical student. I love talking with people, so if you have any questions please email me at [email protected]