How Is It Already Week 8 of the Trimester?!

by Jul 3, 2020

Home » Naturopathic Medicine Student Blog » How Is It Already Week 8 of the Trimester?!

This trimester is going faster than any other trimester! I ended up coming back to Illinois this week from Maryland, even though we don’t have to be back until week 10. I wanted to be able to get settled back in (I had been gone for nearly 3 months) and get back into the groove of life in Illinois before classes start. It is so strange being back on campus! My apartment was exactly how I left it, but campus is different. The willow tree near the lake has fallen over, or at least part of it. There aren’t any swans in the lake, and there are surprisingly very few geese (which I am super thankful for!).

Belinda 1-1

Lily is going nuts looking for all of her doggy friends, many of which aren’t here right now. It is so quiet on campus, and I am sort of loving the calmness before the storm! Although I have to admit, life on campus is usually fairly quiet. It is one of the things I love most about living on campus–the quiet atmosphere. 

2 pics

As crazy as home life was, I sure am going to miss being so close to family! Here is a photo of some of my nieces and one of my nephews in my parent’s pool. I’m glad I was able to get in one more swim before hitting the road for Illinois! Lily loved sitting by the pool, in one of the padded lawn chairs. (She is a little spoiled). 

Belinda Smith

Belinda Smith

My name is Belinda, but I prefer to go by Lindy. I am in my final year as a Naturopathic Medical student at National University of Health Sciences. I’m originally from Maryland and will always consider it to be my home. I live on campus, in the Bucholz building with my dog, Lily. I love the sport of triathlon and will totally geek out if anyone wants to talk bikes or racing with me! I’m looking forward to blogging about study tips, ways to have fun on campus, and all the details of a full-time medical student. I love talking with people, so if you have any questions please email me at [email protected]