Dreaded Week 6 Midterms

by Feb 15, 2019

Home » Naturopathic Medicine Student Blog » Dreaded Week 6 Midterms

I don’t know what it is, but I swear the midterms that happen during weeks 5 & 6 often feel significantly worse than even finals week. I think it has to do with every class having an ‘early assessment grade’ by week 6, so everything falls around the same time. Whereas for finals week, practical exams are typically a separate week from the written exams, which makes things feel a little more spread out.

Lilly studying

So, in the process of taking six exams this week, I have also been trying to stay sane by attending club meetings and activities. While I have to admit, there are times that I don’t make it to activities due to studying, I have noticed over the last year that I actually do better on my exams when I take an hour lunch break to go to a club meeting.

Group Shot

Two of the clubs I attended this week were Yoga Club (which I think we can all admit is super relaxing and de-stressing), and Motion Palpation Institute (MPI) Club. I like it that these clubs are hands on, so they provide an opportunity to practice our skills and also to socialize with classmates of various trimesters and programs. Here are some photos from  MPI and Yoga Club:

Collage 

Belinda Smith

Belinda Smith

My name is Belinda, but I prefer to go by Lindy. I am in my final year as a Naturopathic Medical student at National University of Health Sciences. I’m originally from Maryland and will always consider it to be my home. I live on campus, in the Bucholz building with my dog, Lily. I love the sport of triathlon and will totally geek out if anyone wants to talk bikes or racing with me! I’m looking forward to blogging about study tips, ways to have fun on campus, and all the details of a full-time medical student. I love talking with people, so if you have any questions please email me at [email protected]