Trimester Break is on the Horizon

by Aug 10, 2018

Home » Chiropractic Medicine Student Blog - Illinois » Trimester Break is on the Horizon

We are down to the last two weeks of the term. It’s a time for tying up loose ends, making lists and checking things off of them. The number of tasks laid out on my plate right is overwhelming, but there is something so rewarding about seeing things crossed off of the list. I am looking forward to the break when I can read things just for the fun of it, and take my kids out on adventures. The only downside is that my son goes back to school the 1st day that I am on break from mine.

Over this break, I’m planning to do a little bit of shadowing at different clinics to help shape how I see myself in practice in the future. So far I know that I will be following one doctor for sure and I hope to set up at least one more. The closer I get to graduating the more I get out of these visits. I started shadowing after my first trimester, and I think one of the most important things that I learned from the experiences that I have had to this point is what I don’t want to do with my practice. It’s hard to know whether or not a particular style will suit you until you see it first hand. The doc that I am following this time around have practices closer to my vision for the future; I will let you all know how it goes when we come back.

Sarah and Mom painting

In the midst of all of the craziness, I took some time to go out with my mother. She makes it possible for me for me to do all that I do by taking time to ensure that my children always feel loved and cared for even when school keeps me tied up with other things. Because of our mutual love of all things arts and crafts, we went out to a wine and paint night. It was good to get time to catch up and do something enjoyable with just the two of us.

Sarah Montesa

Sarah Montesa

My name is Sarah, and I have been a student on the NUHS Lombard campus since Fall of 2014. Right now, I am pursuing dual degrees in Chiropractic and Oriental Medicine.