The Beginning of the End

by May 29, 2020

It’s the start of my very last term at National University. When August rolls around, I will have completed my third and final degree. Everything is falling into place. Epidemic and all, I have started to set up one of the spaces that I will be practicing in. A notification came earlier this month, letting us know that all of the board exams that had been postponed in the spring are rescheduled. They will all be stacked up on top of each other this summer. I can plan on being stressed out with preparations from now until mid-July and will involve traveling to Davenport, Iowa, twice between now and then.

The student clinic is still closed, which has been less than ideal, but the assignments are interesting, and I still feel like I am learning. As of right now, the plan is to have us back in the clinic in July. It seems that we may begin doing some tele-medicine soon, but I will let you all know how that unfolds.

Sarahs Collage FINAL

My children are also coming to the end of distance learning for this school year. It has been a struggle; my son is an expert in getting into trouble with the computer. So…we have been coming up with different activities and non-computer based projects to keep them engaged in the learning process. My basic science education has come in handy.

We experimented using acids by dissolving the shell off of an egg with vinegar. This gave us a semi-permeable membrane, so, we looked at osmosis by watching what happened to the egg in hypotonic and hypertonic solutions. The kids also surveyed people and we charted our data, looking at how sample size affected our results. Lots of messes have been made.

Well readers, that’s all for this week. Till next time, stay healthy!

Sarah Montesa

Sarah Montesa

My name is Sarah, and I have been a student on the NUHS Lombard campus since Fall of 2014. Right now, I am pursuing dual degrees in Chiropractic and Oriental Medicine.