Mixing It Up at the Tri Mixer

by Feb 2, 2018

Home » Chiropractic Medicine Student Blog - Illinois » Mixing It Up at the Tri Mixer

With every new term, there are a series of events that the student council plans in order to foster a greater sense of unity in our school community. The week before last, we had the club lunch, where all of newer students got to meet the members of our on-campus groups and figure out if they would like to be involved, all while eating tasty food from a local restaurant.

2018-02-02_bw

Students socializing at Tri-Mixer

On Wednesday, after classes, students battled it out in the gym with a game of dodgeball at Tri-Games. To finish off the events we began the weekend with a bit of socialization, karaoke, and pool at the Tri-mixer. I took these little get-togethers for granted before I joined the executive board of student council — they were just another event put on by the school. But now, after being a part of the planning, I think that I enjoy them a whole lot more. Being able to watch others having a good time at an event that you put on is rewarding. Friday night was no exception; I got to make introductions and watch as people from different programs mingled and made connections. We have folks out from all of them: Massage Therapy, Bachelors of Science, NDs, DCs, and Oriental medicine students. Because of the timing of classes, these groups don’t often get the chance to do things together, but here they all were bonding over strange professor stories.

2018-02-02_show

Karaoke singers Caitlin Bukowski, Matt Johnson, Alex Maxeiner, and Sarah Montesa

On top of all of this, there were some stellar singing performances put on by my classmates and a whole lot of laughter. It’s nice to have a chance just to have fun and spend time people before we all get bogged down with the seemingly endless task of preparing for exams. But right now the only thing on my mind is to wonder about what we can do to top this next term. 

Sarah Montesa

Sarah Montesa

My name is Sarah, and I have been a student on the NUHS Lombard campus since Fall of 2014. Right now, I am pursuing dual degrees in Chiropractic and Oriental Medicine.