How Many Chiropractors Does It Take to Build a Room Full of IKEA Furniture?

by Aug 16, 2019

Home » Chiropractic Medicine Student Blog - Illinois » How Many Chiropractors Does It Take to Build a Room Full of IKEA Furniture?

Last week was week 14, the second last of the trimester, and I just finished (almost!) what every responsible student should have been doing: moving to a new home.

In an ideal world, I would have waited another two weeks and relocated us during the break, but I needed to get us settled with enough time to get my son enrolled in a new school district. Thankfully, I  have been able to bring over our things a little bit at a time over the last few weeks. It also helps that I am surrounded by lovely people who will work for food, so I cooked.

Assembly

Assembly by NUHS grads Chris Hartman and CJ Defabio.

The kids are getting new beds and shelves, so there was quite a bit of building to be done. Everyone is excited about the new living arrangement. Hopefully we will be fully settled by midweek. Commuting has been my life for the last four years, with 1-2 hours of each day spend traveling from one place to another. Now I can be on campus in about 5 minutes by car, and bike riding might become a thing. Whatever will I do with all of this time? Who knows, I might end up really missing the long car rides!

It has been an interesting process going through my possessions and deciding what will serve me best as I enter my last year of school. Especially while keeping in mind that another move in the not too distant future is inevitable. The minimalist lifestyle has become quite appealing, but then I look at all of the books I have acquired and a pang of guilt comes up at the thought of leaving them. I will likely end up listing some of the texts on the NUHS Buy/Sell books Facebook page so that some other student can get enjoyment from them.

It is really exciting to have this fresh start before next trimester as I enter Phase 3-Clinic Internship. Over the upcoming break, I will be taking a five-day seminar in a soft tissue technique. I am hoping this will be helpful as I begin to treat patients in our chiropractic clinic. It has been a long time coming, but I finally made it!

I am looking forward to telling you all about the life of a student intern. See you next term!

Sarah Montesa

Sarah Montesa

My name is Sarah, and I have been a student on the NUHS Lombard campus since Fall of 2014. Right now, I am pursuing dual degrees in Chiropractic and Oriental Medicine.