Exams and E&M Neurological Systems

by Oct 22, 2021

Home » Chiropractic Medicine Student Blog - Illinois » Exams and E&M Neurological Systems

Week 5 for most students is an incredibly stressful portion of the trimester. I had many exams, and like every other student in the program, I always feel like the exam weeks move slower than
any other week. It feels like the studying will never end, and that your motivation will never begin. BUT, we all somehow get through it, and continue our vast learning journey once again in
preparation for the subsequent exams in week 10 and beyond.

Neuroplasticity 2

Phase II of the chiropractic program has been great so far, and it is so exciting to be able to apply the phase I material to my current classes. I have really enjoyed the material in “E&M
Neurological Systems,” as it builds on things that I have learned in neuroanatomy, and other neurological concepts in previous courses. I have learned that incremental learning is crucial as
an adult in order to obtain plasticity. I have also learned that failing repeatedly creates an accelerated plasticity response in the brain. You must make errors in order to create beneficial
changes in your body. Acetylcholine creates focus, and dopamine allows for plastic changes to occur quickly in the brain. These lessons are important for every student to remember, as failure
does not mean the end of success, but the beginning of a plastic response in our brain to promote future success.

{{cta(‘306042fa-a486-4975-b06d-dae7935a40fb’)}}

Hannah Synon

Hannah Synon

My name is Hannah, and I am in Phase III of the chiropractic program at NUHS. I was raised in St. Joseph, Michigan, a beautiful town on Lake Michigan. Currently, I live in Schaumburg with my husband, Zach. I love to travel, bake, and watch horror movies. Chiropractic medicine is my passion, as it provides more natural remedies and methods for obtaining a healthier life. I love meeting new people, and I look forward to sharing my chiropractic journey with you.