Week Five – Most Difficult

by Jun 17, 2015

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » Week Five – Most Difficult

Week five has been the most difficult week thus far. Midterms are rapidly approaching, and we have been reviewing for our exams outside of class while learning new material for the next exam in class. It’s a juggling act of new and old information, which is all very important to each class.

2015-06-17_supplements

To add insult to injury I was sick! Thankfully, as a chiropractic student I was able to receive treatment at the clinic. They made nutritional and supplemental recommendations. I immediately went to the local grocery store and stocked up on vitamins, tea, and soup. I believe chiropractic is all about allowing the body to function at optimal health; the supplements I took do the same. Vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc are all supplements to support the body’s immune system. In biochemistry, we learned about the essential amino acids, one of which is lysine, which may have antiviral properties.

2015-06-17_food

I also made sure I supported my body with plenty of rest and good nutritious food. No cutting corners the next few days. I had to call out of work due to my illness and I was unable to attend many of the activities I normally attend with fear of infecting my colleagues.

With midterms coming up, I need to be both physically and mentally prepared. Thankfully I’ve learned how to cook delicious and nutritious food since starting chiropractic school.

2015-06-17_adjust

I still attended Motion Palpation Club in which we went over weight bearing palpation of the sacroiliac joint — yet another diagnostic tool to add to the tool belt. Hopefully I get better before next week!

That’s all for this week! If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected].

Christopher Kotwicki

Christopher Kotwicki

My name is Christopher Kotwicki and I am a future Doctor of Chiropractic! I am also a self-proclaimed beach bum, animal lover, fitness junkie, and sports fanatic.