Victors of the Fire Truck Pull

by Mar 17, 2016

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » Victors of the Fire Truck Pull

With another three midterms this week, I spent most of my free time studying. Wednesday we had an exam in Nutritional Biochemistry. The exam covered polyphenols, bioflavonoids, antioxidants, and biochemical pathways. It was difficult, but nutrition is one of my favorite subjects, which made it easier to study for. The following day was Radiation Physics, and we closed it out with a practical in cervical manipulation.

After spending most of my week studying, I was excited to partake in some well-deserved rest and relaxation on Saturday. My girlfriend and I went to Indian Rocks Beach to soak up the sun. The weather was beautiful and the water was refreshing. It was just what I needed after seven exams in two weeks.

2016-03-17

The following day was the annual Seminole Kiwanis Club Fire Truck Pull. National University sponsors this event every year and we all came out to participate in this fun event for a very good cause. The Kiwanis club is the second largest fund raising group for the kids of Seminole, Florida. They raise money for scholarships, Key Club, and extracurricular activities.

National University signed up two teams for the event. We had the two fastest teams and I am proud to say I participated for both of them. We were the second and fourth groups to go. After recording times of 18.13 seconds and 18.09, we anxiously watched the other teams. We won by just a couple tenths of a second. Once we clinched the victory, we began to celebrate! We took photos with the trophy and handed out the medals. We took plenty of photos to commemorate the day and more can be seen on that National University of Health Sciences – Florida Facebook page!

2016-03-17_firetruck

There was a carnival going in the parking lot next to the fire truck pull. A few of us went to the carnival and treated ourselves to some food, rides, live music, and great company. We rode classics like the tilt-a-whirl, free fall, and my personal favorite — the bumper cars. It was just what the doctor ordered, a fun weekend with my friends from NUHS. The final stretch of fourth tri is up ahead. Finals are four weeks away and then it is on to the clinical sciences phase of the program. I am going into these last few weeks refreshed and ready to dig deep in my studies.

Thanks for reading! If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Christopher Kotwicki

Christopher Kotwicki

My name is Christopher Kotwicki and I am a future Doctor of Chiropractic! I am also a self-proclaimed beach bum, animal lover, fitness junkie, and sports fanatic.