Turkey Bowl

by Nov 25, 2015

Dr. Joseph Stiefel, president of National University of Health Sciences, told us last week, “The difference between the Illinois campus and the Florida campus is Turkey Bowl.” It has become a tradition like no other. The 7th Annual Turkey Bowl took place on Friday, November 20, 2015. There was a lot of hype, but it did not disappoint. 

Some of you may be wondering, what is Turkey Bowl? To put it simply it is a flag football tournament. However, it is much more than that! It is an event where friends and family of both students and faculty come together to enjoy a night of food, football, and fun. It sounds kind of corny, but the only way to understand how special Turkey Bowl is, is to experience Turkey Bowl first hand!

2015-11-25_tb1

The event was catered by the Greek Island restaurant, which is owned and operated by an NUHS alumni’s family. The food was delicious and there was plenty to go around!

Teams were picked randomly but were very evenly matched. My team went to overtime in both games! We had two faculty members on our team. Dr. Freeman and Dr. Arick both brought their A-game to the table. Dr. Arick was our secret weapon; he won most valuable faculty member after scoring three touchdowns. I am surprised he hasn’t been picked up by the NFL yet! I had two receiving touchdowns and a passing touchdown, but we lost in overtime for the Turkey Bowl championship. It was a good run and we will surely be back next year in hopes of winning the ultimate prize! 

2015-11-25_tb2
View larger version of image

During the closing ceremony, most valuable faculty member and most valuable player were both awarded. Shout out to Austin Williams for winning MVP and helping his team take the championship. We gathered for a group picture and called it a night. It was an amazing evening! I had to buy a shirt to commemorate it.

2015-11-25_tb3

I literally cannot wait for next Turkey Bowl! Maybe I’ll see you all there!

Email me with any questions [email protected]

Christopher Kotwicki

Christopher Kotwicki

My name is Christopher Kotwicki and I am a future Doctor of Chiropractic! I am also a self-proclaimed beach bum, animal lover, fitness junkie, and sports fanatic.