The Quarantine Haircut

by Apr 17, 2020

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » The Quarantine Haircut

We are about four weeks into the stay at home order due to the coronavirus, and things are going okay. My professors and clinician have been able to polish and standardize their online requirements, which has removed a lot of the workload and stress of completing the online program. Beforehand, I was working on my computer for six to eight hours a day on various research articles, discussion boards, and quizzes, but now it is down to about four hours a day. It has become a much more manageable load that gives me more time to devote to some other things.

The things on my quarantine to do list lately have been studying for my CSCS (which is scheduled for May, but hasn’t been canceled yet), playing video games, catching up on Netflix, and getting a short workout in every day. The best part of my days are my runs and walks. Last week, I was lucky enough to see some manatees and sting rays swimming around on my bridge run, it was very neat to see! I’ve also started listening to podcasts while I walk in the morning and have found them to be very enjoyable.

Collage Hair Cut

This weekend the time finally came…it was time for a quarantine haircut. Having missed my opportunity before business closed down and in need of a haircut with at least another month left in social distancing, I was ready for my hair to go by any means necessary. It took a full day, but I finally convinced my girlfriend to cut my hair (her first time cutting hair). It went well to start, but after a couple of “Oh oops,” and a chunk missing from the back of my neckline, the experience culminated to the buzzer going clear across my head! I found the whole experience hilarious and had a blast the entire time and I know that it will grow back soon. It even came out pretty well, I’m not too disappointed with the buzz cut.

Anyway, this is my last post for the trimester! I look forward to giving you all an update on how things are going here in a couple of weeks. I will be a 9th tri DC student and am super excited to be approaching the home stretch. Stay safe and healthy out there! And as always, if you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].

Addison Ozakyol

Addison Ozakyol

My name is Addison Ozakyol and I am currently in my tenth and final trimester of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program here at NUHS - Florida. I am eagerly approaching graduation and look forward to practicing with an emphasis in sports medicine and acupuncture. I hope to bring useful content to this blog and showcase what life is like here at NUHS - Florida.