The End of Trimester 3

by Dec 9, 2015

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » The End of Trimester 3

Finals start this coming week so this will be my last post of the trimester. There is a theory that the older we get, the faster time passes. Based on my experiences, it seems accurate to me. You may be asking, “Why am I bringing this up?” Well, this trimester literally flew by. It may also be because of how busy I am. Whatever the reason, this trimester came and went in the blink of an eye and I must say it is bittersweet.

2015-12-08_1

I am certainly looking forward to the holidays and I am happy about being closer to becoming a doctor. That said, I am a little sad how quickly this program is passing by. I am having such an amazing time I may want to stay in school even longer (I never thought I would say that). I have the option to slow down and prolong my stay because I am on the fastest track available for students. It’s a tough decision but I think I am just being sentimental because I won’t see my Florida friends for a few weeks. It may also be because I am almost done with basic sciences. At the end of next trimester I will be starting clinical sciences and start applying the knowledge I’ve learned thus far. The transition is nerve racking to say the least but I don’t have to worry about it for another trimester. Right now I am busy preparing for my anatomy presentation tomorrow, my manipulation practical on Wednesday, and anatomy practical on Thursday.

2015-12-08_2

Speaking of staying busy, I taught the cadaver workshop this past week with my colleagues Austin and Kelsey. The St. Petersburg College cadaver workshops welcome students from all different programs to come and learn from the NUHS students about human anatomy. Over 400 students attend the workshops from programs such as nursing, physical therapy assistant, dental hygiene, crime scene investigation, biology, prosthetics, emergency medicine, and physician’s assistant. We presented multiple times per day and multiple days per week. I presented the skeletal muscle anatomy twice and visceral anatomy once during the week. It was such a great experience; the SPC students are very bright and enthusiastic. Many of them had questions for me after the workshop concluded about specific pathologies the cadavers had. I was glad my presentations were thought provoking and enjoyable.

Christmas is around the corner and to get into the holiday spirit, my classmates and I wore our Christmas sweaters to class. Our professors got a kick out of it. It was pretty funny especially since it is 83º out. I love the warm weather in December but I am happy I will get a taste of the cold weather when I go home for the holidays. I am looking forward to seeing all my family and friends right after I ace these finals! 

2015-12-09_3

I hope you all have a safe and fun holiday! Be sure to send me your questions about student life at NUHS or any questions you have. I’d be happy to answer them!

[email protected]

Christopher Kotwicki

Christopher Kotwicki

My name is Christopher Kotwicki and I am a future Doctor of Chiropractic! I am also a self-proclaimed beach bum, animal lover, fitness junkie, and sports fanatic.