The Calm Before the Storm

by Aug 3, 2018

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » The Calm Before the Storm

Here we are, week 13, the last week without an exam before diving headfirst into final exams. I have been slowly preparing my study guides and notes for the hours of work I will be putting in this week, as well as prepping for the final sports council meeting of the trimester. To top it off, I’ve applied for a few scholarships and have been working on a research poster I am planning to present at a conference in October. It’s been a busy few weeks, but I’ve gotten so much done! That being said, I am eager to be done with finals and have a nice break before moving on to Tri 4 of my DC program!

Addison 13_1 copy

To close out this week a good friend of mine from New Mexico came out to visit! She is currently getting her Master’s at Penn State, but was able to sneak away from her research, and the week-long rainstorms they’re having, to hang out here in Florida for a bit.

Addison 13_3 copy

We got lucky and had beautiful weather all weekend long. We spent some time at the beach (of course), explored downtown St. Pete near the Dali Museum, and went to Sawgrass Lake Park and saw three Florida gators and tons of other wildlife.

Addison 13_4 copy

Best part of the weekend: having a gigantic, spicy habanero burger downtown while enjoying a couple local brews. She heads home tomorrow, but we got a chance to enjoy a St. Petersburg sunset from the lake at the back of my apartment complex, a close second to a nice beach sunset. I had a great time catching up with my friend and relaxing for one last weekend before finishing up this trimester.

Addison 13_2

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].

Addison Ozakyol

Addison Ozakyol

My name is Addison Ozakyol and I am currently in my tenth and final trimester of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program here at NUHS - Florida. I am eagerly approaching graduation and look forward to practicing with an emphasis in sports medicine and acupuncture. I hope to bring useful content to this blog and showcase what life is like here at NUHS - Florida.