Summer Break 2019

by Sep 13, 2019

As I get started into my 7th trimester I wanted to give you all a quick update on a very fun and productive summer break. To start things off, I was able to go home for a couple days. I spent just under a week back in Albuquerque, New Mexico to visit my family and gorge myself on spectacular New Mexican food, green chile, and try a new craft brewery near my house. I had a great visit, but it was too short. I can’t wait to go home for a nice long winter break in a couple of months!

I cut my trip home short in order to make it back to Florida in time for the Florida Chiropractic Association’s (The) National conference. This is a giant chiropractic conference in Orlando every year that hosts several hundred vendors, over 3,000 chiropractors from across the country, and countless educational and networking opportunities. This year, as if we even needed another reason for the event to be more awesome, NUHS hosted its annual Homecoming celebration at the conference to celebrate the 10th  anniversary of the Florida campus. NUHS was given a large suite that we filled to the brim with alumni, school officials, faculty, and students. It was a great chance to meet local chiropractors, potential mentors, and even professors and administrators from the Illinois campus.

Collage 1.1

Over the conference I was able to attend three full days of classes offered by some of the top chiropractors in the nation. I had one presentation in particular that I really enjoyed, and that was the integration of chiropractors in the athletic training room. Being an ATC and a future chiropractor, this talk basically encompassed everything that I want to do as a sports chiropractor one day. As a component of this talk, the athletic trainer and chiropractor for the Orlando City Magic invited us to tour the medical, practice, and athlete facilities at their stadium. Throughout the tour they discussed the ways that all of the medical providers with the Magic work together to achieve the best possible care for their athletes. It was very cool to see how the medical staff for a professional team operates; but seeing the facilities at the Magic’s stadium was a nice perk as well.

I really had a great time at the FCA this year. Being able to network with and meet alumni from my program was extremely valuable and gave me another motivational push to buckle down and power through the last couple of trimesters of the program down here in Florida. I look forward to posting up bits and pieces of my fall term this trimester and some of the adventures I get to experience before December.

Addison 4.1

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].

Addison Ozakyol

Addison Ozakyol

My name is Addison Ozakyol and I am currently in my tenth and final trimester of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program here at NUHS - Florida. I am eagerly approaching graduation and look forward to practicing with an emphasis in sports medicine and acupuncture. I hope to bring useful content to this blog and showcase what life is like here at NUHS - Florida.