November Already?!

by Nov 8, 2019

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » November Already?!

This year has flown by at an insane rate! This trimester especially has gone by so fast I’m shocked that I am not falling behind, but am somehow managing to stay ahead of the assignments and exams that have been given, which has given me a little more time for fun the last couple of weeks.

Beach Clean Up Crew

Recently, the Sports Council Club had its community service outreach event and volunteered at a beach cleanup benefiting the Gulfport Neighborhood Association. This was a great opportunity for our students to get involved in the community and a fun morning out on the beach. It was nice to have a good turnout and the neighborhood association really appreciated our presence. Plus, the beach looked amazing by the time we were done for the day, it was a very rewarding experience.

This year Halloween festivities proved to be very fun and rewarding with my girlfriend and I taking home prizes in several costume contests! One of my classmates hosted his annual Halloween party and it was a TON of fun to hang out and celebrate with a bunch of people from the program. For this particular evening, my girlfriend and I dressed as “Queen” with me as Freddy Mercury and her and Brian May.

Photo_Queen

It was a very well received costume, but I did lose my voice by the end of the night from singing Bohemian Rhapsody on repeat with every person that walked in the door. Soon after, my run club hosted its annual Halloween run as well. They take the costume contest very seriously, thus, I had to plan several costumes this year.

Halloween Collage-1

We attended as couples costume being a used car dealer and wacky-wavy-inflatable-tube man! I spent the rest of the evening waving around like crazy and may have strained my back a little bit (good thing I know a few places to receive chiropractic care…). The spooky season is always a blast and I hope the readers out there had a safe and happy Halloween!

Finishing up this post on a more exciting note, I found out that I passed the Acupuncture Board Exam!! I am very happy to finally know that I did well, and I am very eager to begin practicing more in the clinic and eventually on my patients after graduation. I really enjoyed the acupuncture elective course down here at NUHS – Florida and would be happy to provide any information about my experience with the class, the board exam, or with acupuncture in general to anyone who is considering it as a part of their chiropractic education!

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]

Addison Ozakyol

Addison Ozakyol

My name is Addison Ozakyol and I am currently in my tenth and final trimester of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program here at NUHS - Florida. I am eagerly approaching graduation and look forward to practicing with an emphasis in sports medicine and acupuncture. I hope to bring useful content to this blog and showcase what life is like here at NUHS - Florida.