My Last Chirogames

by Nov 10, 2017

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » My Last Chirogames

For the last 26 years, all the chiropractic schools have gotten together for a weekend to compete in sports. The last two years I ran and played soccer. Last year I also played basketball. This year I ran and played beach volleyball.

We drove out to Cocoa Beach, Florida, on Friday night after I got out of clinic and left work. I was up bright and early for my 5k run on Saturday morning and this year was my best 5k time of the last 3 years. I ran the 5k in under 20 minutes, finishing in 19m35sec. I was proud of myself for improving every year for the last three years and it was awesome to run with some of my friends from the Lombard campus.

2017-11-10_grouprun.jpg

We had volleyball right after the run and we finished the pool play with 1 win and 2 losses. The rest of the day was spent enjoying the beach with all the other chiropractic students. I had some great conversations with students from Sherman, Palmer, Logan, and CMCC. Later that day, RockTape hosted a dinner with free pizza and drinks. We also were given t-shirts, rocksauce, and rocktape. The NUHS students all sat together and we enjoyed dinner together. 

The following day was the volleyball playoffs. We lost a close set to one of the top teams but we still had a great time. Afterwards we had a friendly volleyball game with NUHS Illinois. The rest of the day we spent throwing the football, throwing the disc, and swimming in the ocean. I was happy to see my friends from Lombard again and the camaraderie between all our students is one of my favorite parts about NUHS. The weather was beautiful and the waves were perfect. We left in the afternoon and drove back across the state to St. Pete, Florida. It was a long but fun weekend and being in Florida already makes it so easy to attend. 

2017-11-10_groupbeach.jpg

I was sad to think this was the last Chirogames I would be attending, but looking back I had an amazing time all three years. I am proud of all the teams I have been on throughout, but none more than three of my best friends from NUHS whom I played volleyball with. Chris, Kelsey, and Latesa have been a part of the Chirogames club at one time or another and they made these trips possible. I want to thank them and the rest of the Chirogames club members from both campuses for making these trips possible.

If you have any questions please email me at [email protected].

Christopher Kotwicki

Christopher Kotwicki

My name is Christopher Kotwicki and I am a future Doctor of Chiropractic! I am also a self-proclaimed beach bum, animal lover, fitness junkie, and sports fanatic.