Get Those Masks! We Are Going Back To Campus!

by Feb 19, 2021

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » Get Those Masks! We Are Going Back To Campus!

This week, we received our updated schedules for the rest of the trimester to have most of our classes back on campus and in-person. While I know many are worried about the upcoming changes with the Covid-19 pandemic still trending, I am optimistic this transition will go smoothly and prove advantageous to our learning of material. It’s time we come together as a class, get to know each other (in a socially-distanced way), and tackle the challenging courses as a team.

Alexs Brain

We have a Neuroanatomy lab exam on the inferior, lateral, and medial aspects of the brain and its structures this Friday, and it was evident in our lab that identifying the regions of the brain in groups really reinforced the material better than trying to learn them on our own (and in 2D on our laptops) at home. NUHS has given us an advantage in that we have access to cadavers; thus, we can truly appreciate the body and all its components. It is one thing to memorize the cranial nerves, but it is a whole other level to be able to hold a brain, see the nerves, touch them, and discuss their functions with classmates. Now our own synapses in in our brains have been able to learn and reinforce that material in different senses. There is a greater sense of respect for our bodies when we physically have the opportunity to view all its aspects.

We are almost halfway through the trimester! It’s time to buckle down, study for midterms, and take every opportunity available to help reinforce material learned!

{{cta(’88d1f92c-eec6-45a6-ada7-5a0fa717195b’)}}

Alexandra Simic Hachmann

Alexandra Simic Hachmann

My name is Alexandra Simic Hachmann and I am currently in my 10th trimester of the Doctor of Chiropractic program here at NUHS - Florida. I am officially an intern at the HEC clinic! I have obtained a B.A. in Biology and Biomedical Sciences, as well as a Master of Medical Science degree. While I believe my educational background has helped me succeed in this challenging program, I appreciate all the professors’ efforts in helping us excel and prepare for our careers. As a hands-on visual learner, I am embracing the palpation courses and anatomy labs offered! I am still determining which field in chiropractic I would like to pursue; thus, readers should stick around to discover this with me! I hope to bring insightful content to this blog and demonstrate what student life is like at NUHS in sunny Florida.