Chiro Games Fundraiser and Beach Cleanup

by Aug 13, 2015

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » Chiro Games Fundraiser and Beach Cleanup

So much has happened this week I don’t know where to begin. I will start by saying thank you to Dr. Machini for taking time out of her schedule to go over the material for our upcoming lab practical. My classmates and I greatly appreciated it. We are in finals preparation mode and have been reviewing the material for our lab practical in Head & Neck Anatomy as well as our practical in Neuroanatomy. The lecture exams are the following week. It is bitter sweet; finals are really hard but we get a two-week break immediately after finals!

2015-08-13_pic1

I stated in my last blog that my friends in the upper trimesters told me to maintain a balance between school and leisure so I made it a priority to follow their advice. I went to the New York Mets vs. Tampa Bay Rays games! GO METS! I am a huge New York sports fan and was thrilled I was able to see my favorite baseball team live in action down here in Florida. Tropicana Field is in St. Petersburg, 15 minutes away from our school. My friends and I got out of class and headed over to the field. It was fantastic; the Mets won by driving in two runs in the top of the 9th inning. I saw a come-from-behind victory, and then we went out downtown for the first Friday of the month.

2015-08-13_baseball

I have mentioned before I am the president of the Chiro Games Club here in Florida. We had our beach volleyball tournament followed by a community service event. We helped the Gulfport Neighbors with their beach cleanup. The volleyball tournament was extremely fun! The weather was beautiful and the competition was fierce. I would like to thank Dr. G for letting us use his volleyball and Gatorade container to allow us to stay hydrated!

2015-08-13_beach

The beach cleanup was also a success. We represented National University of Health Sciences with pride and picked up over 100 lbs. of garbage from the Gulfport Beach! The community activists were extremely happy to have us and we were grateful for the opportunity to serve our community. Afterwards a local Italian restaurant provided us with free food and it was delicious.

2015-08-13_group

We raised money for our club, we served the community, and we all had a really great time! Looking forward to next trimester’s volleyball tournament, to all the prospective students reading this, I hope to see you there!

This blog post is bittersweet because the trimester is coming to a close, I have my finals next week, and then I am flying home to New Jersey to visit my friends and family. I accomplished a lot this trimester, even though it was difficult at times. Everyone talks about the dreaded 2nd trimester because of the “terrible three,” which is composed of head and neck anatomy, neuroanatomy, and neurophysiology. With the end in sight I have to say it wasn’t terrible. It was difficult, but I learned a ton of fascinating information. I also worked 20 hours per week, wrote this blog, and participated in tons of extracurricular activities. I am glad I made it through this trimester and I am looking forward to next trimester!

Hope you read my blog next trimester or, better yet, I hope to see you next trimester!!!!

If you have any questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Christopher Kotwicki

Christopher Kotwicki

My name is Christopher Kotwicki and I am a future Doctor of Chiropractic! I am also a self-proclaimed beach bum, animal lover, fitness junkie, and sports fanatic.