Another Busy Week

by Jul 3, 2015

We had our first meeting for Chirogames Club where we discussed fund raising ideas as well as gauged who was interested in competing next fall. We also had two exams this week — four exams down and five to go.

Homecoming was this past weekend — a large event at the main campus of NUHS in Lombard. There were seminars by alumni of National as well as presentations by innovators in the field of chiropractic. The creator of Kinesio Taping®, Kenzo Kase, DC, was there and a couple of my friends got to meet him! I was unable to attend homecoming, only a handful of Florida students were able to attend due to the high cost, but alumni from the school sponsored the trip for some Florida students to attend.

I know all of this because I was house sitting for my friend who attended homecoming. I had to watch his dogs for the four-day weekend. I was excited to get a four-day weekend, but it wasn’t really a vacation since there are three midterms this coming week. I also had work two of the four days, which isn’t so bad but not ideal with exams to study for.

2015-07-03_dogs2

The dogs were very well behaved! I love animals and miss my own pets in New Jersey so I was happy to watch my friend’s dogs. It was an additional responsibility to an already hectic weekend, but studying for hours on end is not always beneficial. Being able to take a break and play with the dogs may actually help me with my exams (or at least I would like to think so!)

I also went to the movies with my girlfriend to see the new Pixar movie, “Inside Out.” It was funny and another nice break from work and studying, but soon after I had to get back to work.

I can see now why everyone says how rigorous this program is. I was a biology major in undergrad, I made Dean’s List multiple times, I studied for and took the MCAT, yet this program is harder than anything I have done before. In fact I should get back to studying now.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Christopher Kotwicki

Christopher Kotwicki

My name is Christopher Kotwicki and I am a future Doctor of Chiropractic! I am also a self-proclaimed beach bum, animal lover, fitness junkie, and sports fanatic.