A Busy Couple of Weeks

by Feb 21, 2020

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » A Busy Couple of Weeks

The last two weeks have certainly felt busy and even though I have done so much, I still feel like I still have so much to do! My classes have been good, we had our first round of early assessment quizzes and I was randomly assigned all of my trimester presentations early this tri, so balancing studying with other course requirements has proven to require a lot of work.

Outside of class, clinic life is amazing! At this point I have finished my training period and now am able to take histories, perform exams, and treat the patients. While I feel confident and comfortable with the process, there have been several instances of learning that have thrown me for a loop. For example, just last week I had a visit with a patient that did not speak ANY English. We were able to work through the whole visit, including analyzing X-rays taken overseas, with the help of a translator, and ended the day by providing care. While the process took a while to complete, it was incredibly rewarding reaching the end result.

Personal life has been busy too! I was unfortunate enough to come down with the flu and spent a couple of days stuck in bed recovering. After that, scholarship applications were released so I have begun working to get those done all while prepping for my family to come out and visit.

Photo A_Ocean

My parents came out to spend the long Presidents’ Day weekend here hanging out with me and exploring the area.

Photo B_Manatee

We drove out through Tampa and Sarasota and were lucky to see some manatees! This was my first time seeing them and I was very excited…for about the first 10 minutes and then I realized that they don’t really do much. Either way, we enjoyed seeing them float around, come up for air, and splash their tails from time to time – we certainly don’t have any animals like that back at home in New Mexico!

Photo C_Family

As always, if you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].

Addison Ozakyol

Addison Ozakyol

My name is Addison Ozakyol and I am currently in my tenth and final trimester of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program here at NUHS - Florida. I am eagerly approaching graduation and look forward to practicing with an emphasis in sports medicine and acupuncture. I hope to bring useful content to this blog and showcase what life is like here at NUHS - Florida.