10th Annual Turkey Bowl

by Nov 23, 2018

Home » Chiropractic Student Blog - Florida » 10th Annual Turkey Bowl

As the holidays approach, we down here at the NUHS – Florida campus enjoyed one of our biggest annual events the TURKEY BOWL. This year marked the 10th Annual Turkey Bowl, so everyone knew it was going to be a big event. Every year since the start of the program here in Florida, Dr. Stiefel, the president of NUHS, comes to town and holds a flag football tournament, the University caters food (this year was some awesome Greek food), and provides sponsored giveaways from Biofreeze.

Pic 1 

Last year I didn’t play, but this year I decided to try my hand at flag football. My team, the Nematodes, ended up winning the tournament! Although I didn’t play all that much (the other people on my team had more football experience than I do), I still had a couple of good plays, had a fun time on the field, and look forward to next year for a repeat win!

Pic 2

As we moved into the week of Thanksgiving, we were all looking forward to a few extra days of rest with no exams for a few weeks. I won’t be able to spend time with my family this year for Thanksgiving, but my girlfriend and I will make a feast for ourselves most likely. I hope that all the readers out there had a safe and Happy Thanksgiving holiday!!

Pic 3

If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected].

Addison Ozakyol

Addison Ozakyol

My name is Addison Ozakyol and I am currently in my tenth and final trimester of the Doctor of Chiropractic Program here at NUHS - Florida. I am eagerly approaching graduation and look forward to practicing with an emphasis in sports medicine and acupuncture. I hope to bring useful content to this blog and showcase what life is like here at NUHS - Florida.