One feature of the bachelor of biomedical science degree program at National University of Health Sciences, is the option to choose an "Emphasis in Nutrition." This "emphasis" is like an added credential or a sub-major within biomedical science.
Students choosing this emphasis will see it reflected on their diploma. To earn an emphasis in nutrition you will need to complete 19 hours of credit in nutrition courses at NUHS such as:
- Sports and Physical Performance Nutrition
- Nutrition in the Life Cycle
- Nutrition in Health and Disease
- Food Science
- Introduction to Botanicals and Herbs
- Cultural Perspectives of Food
- Community Nutrition
- Nutrition Education
- Human Nutrition
- ...or other nutrition course selections
An emphasis in nutrition is especially valuable if you're considering a career in patient care—such as naturopathic medicine, nursing, chiropractic medicine and osteopathic medicine, or careers in science education, food science, nutrition, or public health.
About the Author