What It’s Like Being a Student Blogger

by Feb 2, 2018

Home » Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Student Blog » What It’s Like Being a Student Blogger

It’s been a while since I started writing for the school’s blog and I thought maybe I should tell you a bit more about my experience. I haven’t counted how many blogs until now, or how many until I graduate, but I’m always enjoying the time when I have to write another post.

2018-02-02_blog

Most of the time, I get asked how I manage to do something else besides school and work. I honestly don’t find the blog writing an effort. I blogged before starting NUHS for different websites so, this wasn’t new to me. I love writing and it’s always been a passion of mine. English is not my first language, and I know my writing is not perfect, but over time I’ve learned that it’s not about perfection, but about making a difference in anything that you do.

In a way, the blog helps me in planning and organizing things. It keeps my mind clear, but also gives me a break when I get overwhelmed. I can even say there are times when I am tired and maybe I would just choose to stay on the couch and have a quiet day, but instead I choose to go out and do something so I can have a better subject for the blog. It might sound like a fake, but this is not about me hiding or using a mask, but about things that I actually do no matter the reason.

I’m not going to be a better practitioner because of the blog, but I do believe a new business is in desperate need of a blog. As a new business, you need any free marketing tool in your pocket and blogging is one of them. I definitely feel more prepared to write content for my future website, and I know you need consistency if you want to keep your readers.

Do I help others? I think so. I don’t get a ton of emails, but I do get some, and most of the time people are thanking me for talking about a certain training, asking my opinion and there are also emails from people who just want to be in touch with a fellow practitioner.

I hope that you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy writing them. If you have any questions, you can always email me at [email protected]

Iuliana Lixandru

Iuliana Lixandru

Hello! I'm Iuliana and I'm a student at National University of Health Sciences in the Master of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) program.