Senior Exam

by Apr 6, 2018

Before diving into finals I had to take the senior intern exam. The exam wasn’t extremely difficult, but it happened in the middle of midterms, and it was a bit much to deal with. I haven’t really studied the Biomed and Foundations parts, because I’m already studying for boards, so I figured that would be enough to pass. And I passed!

2018-04-06_iuliana_exam

I did study for the practical part, because some of the musculoskeletal tests were long gone from my memory. I took that class my first year of school, plus not being in the clinic for the last four months didn’t help my memory. I actually love the practical part, because it reminds me that I know what I’m doing, and it gives me more confidence whenever I have doubts. I can’t wait to be back in the clinic, and I’m sure I’ll have a blast at all of those eight clinic shifts next trimester!

The last part of the senior exam was the herbology part–and yes–I failed. I knew from the beginning that it’s not realistic to say I will have enough time to study more than 150 herbs, so I chose to study less for that part, knowing I will have the possibility to retake it and it will be less stressful that way. I definitely don’t recommend for you to skip studying, but for me, in the present situation this is what worked best, and I had to be honest with myself and move forward.

So, yesterday I retook the herbal part and I’m hoping everything will be ok this time, and that I can start thinking about my days back in the clinic.

Week 13 seems more relaxed, but it just seems like that; next weekend I’m taking the Clean Needle Technique Certification–required for boards–and then I’m back to studying for finals.

I won’t have an actual spring break, because I start earlier in the clinic so I can finish earlier and be done with everything before graduation. Time surely flies, and I have no idea where this trimester went, even if the weather outside doesn’t seem to agree and still thinks it is winter!

If you have any questions related to the senior exam or CNT certification, you can always find me at [email protected].

Iuliana Lixandru

Iuliana Lixandru

Hello! I'm Iuliana and I'm a student at National University of Health Sciences in the Master of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) program.