Only a Google Away

by Oct 23, 2020

I made it through another week and a half of exams, and I treated myself with the newest KitKat flavor (Apple Pie…not their best work) and some quality time outside.kit Kat-AP

After exams I made time to uncover the ginger I planted earlier in the summer. The weather has been progressively getting colder and it was time to see the fruits of my labor. Well, some pieces were ready to enjoy, and some pieces needed to be re-potting for a little more growing time inside. All in all, I am pleased with my first attempt!

ginger

One AOM class that I am really enjoying this trimester is Advanced Diagnosis & Treatment Strategies with Dr. Baker. This class revisits some of the first-year concepts and point functions but on a higher level. We look at various case studies and talk about how to compose a more sophisticated and nuanced point prescription for our patients. I have been reading a lot of outside books to try to widen my understanding, and this class is really helping to tie everything together.

For students who are feeling lost or a little stuck, 90% of the time someone has written an article or book about it. Your additional understanding is only a Google away. But if you can’t find anything, then you have a great topic for a future book!

Danielle Pureifory

Danielle Pureifory

My name is Danielle, and I am currently in my last trimester in the MSOM program here at NUHS – Illinois. I’m a travel addict, animal lover, and a hobby farmer who is passionate about helping the under-resourced community. I look forward to sharing my journey with you, and I hope you read something that inspires you to start your own journey.