Just Go For It!

by Aug 21, 2020

Being a student isn’t just about how you perform, it’s also about how you recover. Exam weeks are very trying times as a student and having multiple exams back to back is no joke!

KitKat

Being a fulltime student during a global pandemic is even harder, but I must remind myself to just go for it and try my best. Even if you’re not pleased with your result, you have to let it go and prepare for the next exam and eat specialty KitKat bars to make you feel better!

Pear

Growing fruit trees is similar to being a student, it takes weeks and sometimes years before you see the true fruits of your labor    

Two weeks before exams start, I ramp up my exam preparation. I find that making my own review sheets, that synthesize the information in my own words, helps to expose any areas I need to work on. My advice for future students, is that it may take a few trimesters before all the information in the TCM program comes together and makes sense, so don’t get discouraged. I found it helpful to seek out books, and various websites that can help fill in the blanks.

Today was the day I got to pick my first pear; I hope all my studying will be even more fruitful.

Danielle Pureifory

Danielle Pureifory

My name is Danielle, and I am currently in my last trimester in the MSOM program here at NUHS – Illinois. I’m a travel addict, animal lover, and a hobby farmer who is passionate about helping the under-resourced community. I look forward to sharing my journey with you, and I hope you read something that inspires you to start your own journey.