Functional Endocrinology

by Aug 11, 2017

Home » Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Student Blog » Functional Endocrinology

Last weekend I attended another Apex seminar this time focused on Endocrinology. We had two full days packed with a lot of information, and by the end of the second day I think everybody was tired and our brains needed a break.

What I love about these seminars is that in each of the instructors do a great job of going back into Biomed and explaining everything in such a way that I can put everything together and understand it much better than in a clinical lab class or any other Biomed class. The material is very well structured, you also get a lot of case studies, and by the end of the weekend you definitely feel more confident about working with patients and being able to pinpoint exactly what’s happening with them.

Brain
Image source: britannica.com

This was my last seminar for this trimester. Now I’m back to finishing papers and studying for finals and then some cleaning and packing before flying back home to Romania.

I feel summer went away too soon and I didn’t even have the chance to enjoy it, but I am happy with what I was able to accomplish and I’m looking forward to fall and one less board exam.

I hope you’ll make the most of this break and I’ll be back in the fall with more about my journey into becoming an acupuncturist. If you have any questions you can always find me at [email protected].

Iuliana Lixandru

Iuliana Lixandru

Hello! I'm Iuliana and I'm a student at National University of Health Sciences in the Master of Science in Oriental Medicine (MSOM) program.