Clinic Fun

by Feb 26, 2021

I have really enjoyed being back in the clinic, being able to see patients again has really been a joy! The clinic is where we get to put all the things that we read and learn about in class into action. One of the ways that we are keeping each other and patients safe in the clinic is with the screening we do at the front door. Every patient is screened, and their temperature is taken before they enter into the building for their appointment. The students are required to take turns in manning the screening booth, once we serve three shifts it counts as 1 CCL. A CCL is Co-curricular Learning or mission driven service that we are required to fulfill each trimester as a part of each degree program.

Since COVID the overall patient numbers are down across the board, so we are able to squeeze in some studying when it’s slow. I will say that the downtime allows for more interaction with our Clinicians. Dr. Kim has been generous with his time and knowledge, he also has been willing to answer many of the questions that I have about Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). We have a lot of really skilled Clinicians and I want to learn as much as I can from them!

Danielles Pic

I hope to see you soon in the clinic!

{{cta(’85c6fa70-0834-4e22-8934-8e0b3441f4c8′)}}

Danielle Pureifory

Danielle Pureifory

My name is Danielle, and I am currently in my last trimester in the MSOM program here at NUHS – Illinois. I’m a travel addict, animal lover, and a hobby farmer who is passionate about helping the under-resourced community. I look forward to sharing my journey with you, and I hope you read something that inspires you to start your own journey.