Autumn is Here!

by Oct 8, 2021

Week 5 of the trimester is always challenging, because it is the first round of exams. I can’t say that it necessarily gets any easier, but you do get used to it. Some exciting news on campus, since COVID and all the vaccine mandates, student council can gradually begin hosting events again. Our first Student Council event will be the Club Lunch. Historically this event was an opportunity for students to learn more about all the clubs on campus, join them and share a meal with their fellow students. Adjustments will be made so that it can be as safe as it can be in this new world that we are living in. Also, the fountain is working again on campus, hopefully this is a sign for things to come!

Fountain

Autumn is among us, the temperature is dropping and the leaves are beginning to fall. I decided to take a study break and go for a walk and couldn’t help but to admire the beautiful wildflowers along the way.

Danielles Flowers 2

Some important Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) tips are to make sure to dress for the weather, start or continue your series of acupuncture visits so that your body can adjust to the new season. Another important thing you can do is shift your diet to include more nourishing foods, and time to cut back on all those icy beverages. But, remember, it is best practice to consult with your health professional before introducing new herbs, supplements, or making drastic changes to your diet.

{{cta(’85c6fa70-0834-4e22-8934-8e0b3441f4c8′)}}

Danielle Pureifory

Danielle Pureifory

My name is Danielle, and I am currently in my last trimester in the MSOM program here at NUHS – Illinois. I’m a travel addict, animal lover, and a hobby farmer who is passionate about helping the under-resourced community. I look forward to sharing my journey with you, and I hope you read something that inspires you to start your own journey.