Job Searching

by Dec 8, 2017

OK, so I’m beginning to understand the difficulty inherent to finding a practice that will be the “perfect fit.” Or even a good fit. The first thing I’ve really had to clarify with myself is the question of how I want to practice. Which aspects of practice are priorities to me and which aspects I’m willing to to compromise on.

First off, I don’t want to be just some associate doing menial chiropractic work for a doctor who’s just running a money mill. I want to help build something dynamic, fresh, and innovative. I want a path of upward mobility within a practice — something to work towards. It’s the same reason I don’t run on treadmills: if I’m going to put in the work, I want to go somewhere.

Second, I want to be part of a practice that emphasizes patient education and empowerment. A practice that is a community in and of itself. A hub for learning and health. Education is one of the most crucial aspects of any truly successful practice. An educated patient is a successful patient. A successful patient will help build a practice more efficiently than any ad campaign or incentive. Education that is readily available on multiple platforms will help create a personalized patient experience — a rarity in today’s medical paradigm.

2017-12-07_landscape.jpg

Last, I’m looking at location. I can be fairly flexible on location as long as the first two criteria are met. Ideally, I’d like to practice in my hometown — Grand Rapids, Chicago, Colorado, or New Zealand. Essentially, places that have a diversity of activities or environments — a place that can fully support my active lifestyle and passion for exploration.

Gregory Swets

Gregory Swets